If you’re planning a trip to relax and recharge your batteries or to do business in the global marketplace, make sure you’re protected against the host of life-threatening diseases that are common in many countries around the globe.
For most travelers who stay in resort areas, simple preparation and taking precautions can eliminate any risks. However, if you’re traveling outside North America or Western Europe, more preparation may be needed to protect your health. Planning a trip abroad will become a lot easier with a call to the RAVNAH Travel Health Clinic. The Travel Health Clinic provides a customized individual disease prevention plan, including travel immunizations and travel advice to international travelers 18 years of age or older.
The World Health Organization advises travelers “to consult a travel medicine clinic or personal physician 4-6 weeks before departure if the travel destination is one where exposure to any vaccine-preventable diseases may occur.”
Who can benefit from travel health services?
People who would benefit from travel health services include those traveling abroad on business, student trips, vacationers, church groups, adventure clubs and service organizations. The clinic’s staff is able to instantly link to ever-changing health requirements, CDC updates and travel recommendations
What vaccinations are provided?
Yellow Fever, Rabies, Typhoid Fever, Hepatitis A and B, Meningitis, Tetanus, Japanese Encephalitis, Polio, Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Chicken Pox, HPV, Pneumonia, Flu
What to expect
The travel consultation includes:
- A one-on-one consultation with a travel health nurse.
- A review of vaccination requirements for the region being visited.
- Personalized travel recommendations for the region based on current health and safety precautions.
- Referral to your physician for any prescriptions, or further health assessment.
- Vaccinations are available and may be initiated at the time of the initial consultation. Many international travelers are unaware of the latent health threats awaiting them at their destinations. RAVNAH is pleased to be the area’s resource for this vital, potentially lifesaving service to our community’s international travelers. For more information about RAVNAH’s Travel Health Clinic, please call 802.770.1536 or email Community Wellness