Travel Health Clinic for International Travelers
RAVNAH is the region’s resource for comprehensive and safe travel health services including vaccines and individualized disease prevention plans to international travelers. Our Travel Health Clinic is staffed by a Travel Health Specialist with in-depth knowledge of travel medicine.
Health conditions around the world can change quickly. Many international travelers are unaware of the latent health threats awaiting them at their destinations. Make sure you’re protected against the host of life-threatening diseases that are common in many countries around the globe.
For most travelers who stay in resort areas, simple preparation and taking precautions can eliminate any risks. However, if you’re traveling outside North America or Western Europe, more preparation may be needed to protect your health.
It is important that you consult with our Travel Health Specialist as soon as you begin planning your trip.You may require up to 8 weeks prior to your departure to complete a full set of vaccinations. The World Health Organization advises travelers “to consult a travel medicine clinic or personal physician 4-6 weeks before departure if the travel destination is one where exposure to any vaccine-preventable diseases may occur.”
Be prepared to provide detailed information about your itinerary, current health status and vaccination history.
What steps should I take?
- Print a travel health assessment form to mail in. The assessment form must be received by the Travel Health Clinic two weeks in advance of your appointment. You can mail the completed form to RAVNAH, 7 Albert Cree Dr, Rutland, VT 05701 or fax it to 802.775.2304.
- Our Travel Health Specialist is available by appointment for your convenience.
- The pre-travel consultation fee of $75.00 includes health education, research and information specific to your destination(s) .
- Receive an individualized travel safety plan for your travel destination.
- Receive the necessary immunizations for your travel destination.
Will the Travel Health Clinic bill my insurance?
We are unable to bill your insurance for travel health services. However, we will provide you with the paperwork and information you will need to submit a claim yourself.
The pre-travel visit with a travel health nurse includes:
- Pre-travel consultation and assessment by a travel health specialist with in-depth knowledge of travel medicine
- Trip research and risk identification
- Required and recomended immunizations tailored to individual itineraries
- Up-to-date advisories for specific countries
- Health education, vehicular safety, and prevention of air travel hazards
- Yellow Fever
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A and B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Flu and Pneumonia Vaccine
Call 802.770.1536 for a personal appointment or email email@example.com.