Our skilled nurses at Dorset Area VNA & Hospice work closely with your physician to develop the best plan of care to speed your recovery and help you maintain your independence at home.
Nursing services include:
- Cardiac Care – From nursing, rehabilitation, and medication management to nutritional counseling and in-home Telehealth Monitoring, we provide a comprehensive approach to cardiac care at home.
- Wound/Ostomy/Continence Care – We use the most advanced wound care management protocols and evidenced-based risk assessment measures to prevent complications, promote healing and improve patient outcomes. Our certified wound care specialists are available to assist with the most complex wound care treatment needs.
- Cancer Care – Our clinicians are chemotherapy-certified to provide complex care for adults and children at home. Specialized care is available to assist patients in need of cancer care at any level. Optional programs such as palliative care and complementary therapies enhance patient satisfaction and quality of care.
- Behavioral Health – Psychiatric nursing provides psychiatric and mental health nursing assessments, plans of care, and services to individuals as well as community groups. It promotes positive mental health and prevents progression of complications of mental illness.
- Senior Care – Keeping seniors safe and healthy at home is our top priority. Our programs provide home care services specifically designed to address the healthcare needs and active lifestyles of older adults.
- In-Home Telehealth Monitoring— Telehealth Monitoring for patients with heart failure.
- Personal Care— Our CarePlus program offers professional, personal care and companion services to help people of all ages take care of themselves or a loved one in the comfort of home.
- Joint Replacement In-Home Rehabilitation— Our joint replacement rehabilitation services are specially designed for patients undergoing orthopedic surgery.
- Senior Wellness—Monthly community wellness programs for seniors.
- How to Know When a Senior Needs Help— Learn how to know How to Tell When It Is Time for Home Care.
- Pediatric Care – Our pediatric nursing staff cares for all ages from the tiniest premature infants through end of life care. We work closely with physicians, physical, occupational and speech therapists, nutritionists and many other community resources to provide the seamless health care your child deserves. A few examples of clients served are those with tracheostomies, feeding tubes, ventilators and infusion therapy.
- Palliative Care – DAVNAH’s Palliative Care Program offers support at any stage of illness for patients whose quality of life is suffering. Regardless of life expectancy, we focus on symptom control and pain management. The Palliative Care Program can be administered in conjunction with your physician’s program of curative care.
- Hospice Care – Our Hospice program provides care, comfort, and support for those in the final stages of life and for their families. Hospice care is available for a wide-range of illnesses including end-stage lung, heart and liver disease, cancer, dementia, stroke, Alzheimer’s and ALS.
- Nutritional Counseling – Proper diet and nutritional counseling play an important role in disease management like diabetes control, post-surgical recovery, and general well-being. DAVNAH’s registered nurses and dieticians work with you at home to build a nutrition plan based on your lifestyle and medical needs. Specific at-home nutritional recommendations can be developed for conditions including:
- Elevated cholesterol
- Cardiovascular disease
- Weight management
- Food allergies
With our at-home nutritional counseling, learn how to choose, shop for and prepare foods that are best for you. Our nutrition and diet services are designed to promote optimal health and improve your quality of life.
If you would like additional information about any of our services, please call Joel Perry, Marketing and Business Development Manager, at 802.770.1520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.