It’s about changing lives – for generations.
Leaders from across all sectors are recognizing the tremendous value of Nurse-Faily Partnership, a nurse-led, evidence-based home visitation program.
Help break the cycle of poverty. It starts with the Mom.
Being a new Mom is an exciting and overwhelming time. But for some, it can also be a scary time. That’s the case with many new Moms who find themselves and their baby alone and without a lot of support…even money. But thankfully, there is a new program that truly transforms lives….
Pregnant with your first baby?
Let us help.
What is Nurse-Family Partnership?
Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for women who are having their first baby. If you enroll, a registered nurse will visit you in your home throughout your pregnancy and continue to visit you until your baby is 2 years old.
Who can enroll in the program?
Any woman who:
- Is pregnant with her first child.
- Meets income requirements.
- Lives in the service area.
You are encouraged to enroll as early as possible in your pregnancy.
How will my nurse help me?
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Become a better parent.
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby.
- Make your home a safe place to your baby to live and play.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in the community.
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills.
- Set goals for your family’s future and find ways to help you reach them.
Can my baby’s father participate too?
- Nurse-Family Partnership encourages fathers, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support you.
- You and your nurse decide who gets involved.
- Because you are the one who carries the baby and you are the first person to take care of your baby, you are the one who is actually enrolled in the program and you are the main focus of the nurse.
How often will my nurse visit?
Your nurse will visit every week or two during your pregnancy and up until your baby is 2 years old. You and your nurse will decide the exact schedule.
To learn more about the Nurse Family Partnership Program visit their website at http://www.nursefamilypartnership.org/
Please feel free to call us at Bennington Area VNA & Hospice at 802.244.5502 or at Rutland Area VNA & Hospice at 802.775.0568.